|Spring 2010 Paddler Cleanup|
Creating and protecting access to the Dan River for fishing and floating over the intervening years has demanded the vision, initiative and cooperation of many people and institutions. Success in maintaining the network has seen its ups and downs. The first week of March 2011 the Dan River Trail had another major success.
NC Wildlife Kiosk & building
slated for demolition.
NC Wildlife Res. Comm at work
Darren Wade, NCWRC, Engineering
- Kin Hodges, Fisheries Biologist, NCWRC
- Jimmy Boles, Enforcement, NCWRC
- Darren Wade, Engineering Services, NCWRC
- Alan Wood, Stokes Economic Development
- Frankie Burcham, Fire Marshall
- Mark Delehant, County Operations
- Brandon Joyce, Stokes Environmental Health
- Don George, attorney
- Triad River Runners
- Smith River Valley Canoe Club
- Tarheel Paddlers Association
- Johnny Hart and Joanne Hart, owners of the property where Hart's Access is located.